Home | Sanitary Maintenance Supplies | Whirl-Pak® | Whirl-Pak® Bags | 55-oz. Environmental Surface Sampling Bag
55-oz. Whirl-Pak® Speci-Sponge Environmental Surface Sampling Bag
- Bags are designed to be used in a homogenizer blender for thorough mixing of the sample and media. The sample may be plated out or used as a pre-enrichment broth later. This is standard procedure for USDA-ARS to identify foodborne pathogens.
- The Whirl-Pak® Speci-Sponge bag is designed for environmental surface sampling of work areas, equipment, animal carcasses, and any other place where testing for Listeria, Salmonella, E.coli, coliforms, and other foodborne pathogens, or anthrax is required. The special dry sponge is free of bactericides and has been tested to be non-inhibitory.
- It measures approximately 1½¨ x 3¨ x ⅝¨ (3.8 x 7.6 x 1.5 cm) thick when wet, and is sterilized inside a Whirl-Pak® bag.
- Wearing a sterile glove when wiping with the sponge is recommended to help prevent contamination. After the sample has been collected and the sponge returned to the bag, it can be sent to a lab for testing. In the lab, media may be added directly to the bag and the sample incubated inside the bag for a +/- test, or the sample may be squeezed out of the sponge, pipetted, and plated out.
- Sponge for surface sampling. 55 oz. (1,627 ml) capacity. 7½¨ W x 12&168; L (19 x 30 cm). 4.0 mil (.102 mm) thick. Box of 100.
Prices are subject to change due to market conditions